Skip to main content

Blog Stalkers- Issue #1

blog stalkerWelcome to our first ever blog stalkers!


What are we? Stalkers… only not the creepy kind! We’re a group of 3 stalkers, taking the first few weeks each month looking for the perfect post we’d like to share with you! But these posts will be about a variety of things. Yes, that’s right! The three of us love crochet but we won’t be bringing you just crochet related things.

This month we’ve found some pretty interesting things! Check out what we found below. Found a post that you love? Share it with us in the comments! Be sure to check out our Facebook page and drop links to your posts or posts you love!Stephanie Smalltown Dreamz





“Hi there Stephanie here one of your friendly blog stalkers. Normally I would share a particular post but I honestly love everything Esther writes. As many of you know I just had a baby this past October. I felt it so refreshing to read a blog about parenting and family life that was so “real”. I think that anyone that goes to this blog and reads her stories they would be able to relate to at least one of them. Please take a look I promise you it is worth the read. http://www.storyofthislife.com/







lisa“Lisa here with my Blog find for the month. This is a recipe post that I found while looking for the perfect pie to take to my families Thanksgiving Dinner. It is the Chocolate pie from Pioneer Woman. Since then I have made it for my husband’s birthday and probably making it for Super Bowl. Yes, it’s that good!

However, I do have a few tips to share on my experience.


The recipe is for 1 pie using 6.5 oz of chocolate baking bar. The Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Bars come in 4ozs, so I doubled the recipe and bought 3 bars totaling 12 oz(I didn’t add an additional ounce) . This made 3 pies as the single recipe gives you a pie and some extra. I used 2 bittersweet and one semi-sweet bar.

My only problem was in the directions she writes “The second it starts to bubble and thicken (note: It should be thick like pudding!) remove it from the heat.” When it started to bubble I quickly removed it. Well….. it was not thick enough (it was sorta thick but I was more worried about “when it starts to bubble” part. I ended up putting it back on the stove after I had mixed it all to thicken more. So… since that first time, I let it bubble longer and I make sure it is “really like pudding” but keep stiring so it doesn’t burn the bottom of the pan.

I hope you all enjoy and I would love to see your pies. Feel free to post the pictures on my Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/PinkSnailBoutique

IMG_9543






“Hey there!! It’s Crystal! Crochet is my favorite craft but I also like to stay organized. I am very much a list person, you’ll find them all over my house along with calendars, notes, scratch pads and much more. But this month I wanted to share with you a blog I found perfect for anyone that likes print outs. I know I do! Each year I print off one of Mom’s Budget‘s Crochet Project Tracker and fill out what unfinished projects I have. Each year I TRY to complete those on the list. I add to the list throughout the year when I remember as well. Those projects that I have no desire to finish after a year, I decided to unwind them unless I really feel I will complete it… eventually! This site has many great print outs but also much, much more! Take look and let me know what you think!”





Until next month,

Stephanie, Lisa, & Crystal


Blog Stalkers- January 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peekaloo Flip Flops

Peekaboo Flip Flops                       STITCH GUIDE ch(s) - chain(s), sc - single crochet, dc - double crochet, st(s) - stitch(es), sl st - slip stitch, sp(s) - space (s), sk - skip, YO- yarn over SPECIAL STITCHES Picot- Sc, ch 3, sl st in sc all worked in same st. NOTES Use the G hook to work sc around straps on flip flop. Use H hook for the main portion of the pattern. You will be working from front V of the flip flop towards the back of the shoe. Need to make a smaller or larger size flip flop? Just increase or decrease the number of picot rows in the pattern. PATTERN  (make 2) G Hook (see pictures below for placement) Start with loop on hook. Outside edge of flip flop facing you starting at strap end near heal area. Begin with sc around strap by moving hook under strap, YO, bring hook back towards the top, yarn over and pull through loops completing sc.  Continue scing along strap towards toe area. dc around toe and continue working down other side.

Peekaboo Picot Headband

The Peekaboo Picot collection was inspired by living in a warm weather climate. It uses a Super Fine #1 yarn however it can easily be adjusted for a worsted weight #4 for those that live in cooler climates. Peekaboo Picot Headband  By using this pattern you agree to the Pattern Terms of Use set forth by Pink Snail Boutique ·         Terms of Use: Copyright © 2015 Lisa Egan, aka Pink Snail Boutique. Sales of finished products are permitted, but designer requests that you link back to the pattern and credit Pink Snail Boutique with the original design. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise. YARN 115 yards of Super Fine (1) yarn MATERIALS Hook 4.00mm- G Yarn Needle Scissors DIFFICULTY Easy SIZE(S) Adult- 18” - 20” ” Diameter (increase by 4 sts) Finished size- 9” x 3.25” GAUGE 19 Hdc x 15 Rows = 4” square STITCH GUIDE ch(s) - c

Everyday Dish Cloth Crochet Pattern

The Everyday Dish Cloth is designed using 100% cotton yarn. Cotton yarn is great when wet and perfect for all kitchen or bathroom needs. The Everyday Dish Cloth is just that, it can be used everyday and thrown in the dryer. The stitch I used has been around for many years, it is very versatile and can easily be increased to make a blanket. By using this pattern you agree to the Pattern Terms of Use set forth by Pink Snail Boutique ·         Terms of Use: Copyright © 2015 Lisa Egan, aka Pink Snail Boutique. Sales of finished products are permitted, but designer requests that you link back to the pattern and credit Pink Snail Boutique with the original design. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise. YARN Medium (#4) yarn-Cotton Yarn- 75-90 yrds MATERIALS Hook 5.0- H Yarn Needle Scissors DIFFICULTY Beg-Intermediate SIZE(S) 7” x 7” GAUGE